Monday, May 30, 2011

today's good thing

Has been the fact that I am done orientating at work, but that comes with a down side as well...in the fact that it is scary! :) Don't worry today has been good though. It was a little nerve racking coming into work and going to two different floors but it has turned out to be a good day so far...7 hours down, 5 to go. Today when I got to work I wasn't feeling well so I was a little nervous on how I would do and if I would get feeling any better...good news is that I am feeling a ton better and the first 4 hours of my shift went by really fast. I started off on the IMC floor and had only about 4 patients and they were all very nice. I had one sweet little guy that you could barely understand but after a while I started understanding him a little easier and he didn't ever want me to leave his room. When I left to switch floors, this sweet little man told me that he was mad at me because he didn't want me to go and when I left him with his RN I could hear him calling out to me. He really reminded me of my patients that I use to take care of at the assisted living center. I miss my old friends from that place, I still think about them often and wonder who is still there and how they are doing. Isn't it crazy how fast life can change on us?? Anyway When I left my patient I went to the medical floor (which I have never trained on) and so far it has been pretty good. It has been a good night to be my first night by myself :)

1 comment:

Randy and Malissa Johnson said...

You are good at what you do. You need to give yourself more credit. You are an excellent CNA! I LOVE YOU!! Thanks for doing this challenge, I've loved doing it.