Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Crazy

So life has come and taken me for an exciting ride the last little while. Within the last few months I have been making some big changes in my life and sometimes I wonder why I have decided to take on so much change all at once...haha all I can think of is that I am some kind of crazy person that likes a challenge...so bring it on! To start off with a few months ago I started applying at a lot of different hospitals around the state and I was finally lucky enough to get a job interview about a month and a half ago for the new Intermountain Medical Center down in Murray, I interviewed and then a month went by without hearing a word from them. So I started looking at my other options and what else I would like to achieve with my life like going back to school, volunteering somewhere, what other jobs there are out there...stuff like that. Once I decided on a few things that I would like to do, I broke down and finally made a for sure decision. The biggest decision was that I am going to spend a couple of weeks this next summer in Africa. Oh boy this decision was a hard one but as well as a very exciting one. I am so excited and scared but it will be a great experience and I am so lucky to be able to be going. Right after I put my deposit in for my trip I got word from the Hospital that I got the job I applied for. Then after that I got a position at a different branch at AFCU...So I now have a big trip planned and need to get funding for and two new jobs within the last couple of months. I am so excited to have things start changing again but at the same time it is really hard having change. I have the hardest time dealing with change, I fight it every step of the way but at the same time I thrive and grow so much with change. I am scared/nervous/excited and happy all at once about all the different changes that are coming my way, I just hope that I can sail through it with flying colors :)

2 comments:

Ryan & Misty said...

Wait... so you live in Salt Lake now?!?

Ashlee said...

Actually no I still live in Brigham. I figured it would be a little cheaper for me to just commute for the next 6 months until I get back from Africa before I move out. I stay with my sister a lot in Kaysville though so it isn't too bad.